Saturday 20 March 2021

"Crafty Culberts" Presents Dana (Culbert) Garrett

Dana Elizabeth (Culbert) Garrett (the great-great-granddaughter of John Culbert & Mary Ward) was born in London, Ontario, Canada on 4 August 1945. She was raised in Lucan, Ontario, and she now lives in London. For more details about Dana, click here.

Here’s Dana to tell you about her interest and arts and crafts…

I’ve always been interested in arts and crafts. When I was younger, I watched my Grandma Patrick and my mother, Mary (Patrick) Culbert do lots of sewing.  As a young wife and mother, myself, I did a lot of sewing for our home from curtains to bedspreads, and clothes for the kids and myself.

I’ve also made quilts, I’ve embroidered, cross-stitched, crocheted, and knit lots of projects over the years.  More recently, with the encouragement of my brother, Terry Culbert and his partner, Barbara Högenauer, I’ve taken up painting with acrylics. This has grown into a wonderful outlet for me in my retirement.  I belong to two local Art clubs, and show and sell my work on a regular basis. 

These are some of my more recent paintings…

Sold

Sold




Sold


I’ve also included images of two different afghans that I knitted as Christmas presents for my daughter, Kathy and my daughter-in-law Heather, after not having knitted for many years. With COVID-19 and being locked down, I rediscovered this old hobby.


Dana Garrett has more paintings available for sale. She can be reached at the following email address:

Thank you, Dana!

DANA ELIZABETH (CULBERT) GARRETT'S FAMILY TREE:

Ancestors:

John Culbert and Mary Ward (great-great-grandparents)

Richard Culbert and Jane Eleanor Fairhall (great-grandparents)

Myron Manford Culbert and Effie Pearl Taylor (grandparents)

Milward Culbert "Mel" Culbert and Mary Elizabeth Patrick (parents)

Descendants (Children):

Jason William Garrett

Katherine Melissa (Garrett) Pritchard

No comments:

Post a Comment