Monday 22 March 2021

“Crafty Culberts” Presents Lynda (Hall) Hunter


My name is Lynda Jane (Hall) Hunter (the great-great-granddaughter of John Culbert and Mary Ward.)

I was born April 5th, 1949 at Kincardine and District General Hospital in Kincardine, Ontario, Canada to Arthur Hall and Roberta (Cowan) Hall. At present, I live in Kingston, Ontario with my husband, Allan James Hunter. 

In my mid-thirties, I decided to take a stained glass course, and that’s all it took. I was hooked! I’ve made hundreds of pieces over the years, either as gifts or for myself. In addition, I’ve often had people commission me to do projects for them such as stained glass windows, glass for doors, lamps, crests/tartans, etc.

Click to enlarge this and the following photos of Lynda's stained glass artwork.


Stained glass is a hobby you can lose yourself in. Often, I’d head to my studio after dinner, and five or six hours would fly by in a flash.  Some pieces were easy to create, and some were nightmares. The satisfaction of a well-done finished product was unbeatable. 


I no longer have the space or tools to continue stained glass, but I do miss it.


Thank you, Lynda! 

Lynda Jane (Hall) Hunter’s Family Tree:

Ancestors:

John Culbert & Mary Ward (2xgreat-grandparents)

Eliza Culbert & Richard Dagg (great-grandparents)

Ann Jane Dagg & Charles Hall (grandparents)

Arthur Hall & Roberta Cowan (parents)

Descendants (Children):

Todd James Hunter

Tammy Lynn Hunter

Tanis Lee Hunter

You can read Lynda’s memoir of her father, Major Arthur Hall, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment