Wednesday 31 March 2021

“Crafty Culberts” Presents Julia (Whiteford) Holmes

 Julia Anne (Whiteford) Holmes (the great-great-granddaughter of John Culbert and Mary Ward) was born 25 August 1959 in Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada to parents, Hilson Whiteford and Eula Herdman. Julia currently lives in Woodstock, Ontario.

Here’s Julia to tell you a little about herself and her crafts, followed by some photos…

I was born and raised in Ingersoll, Ontario. I spent a lot of time entertaining myself as a youngster; enjoying reading, writing letters, getting together with friends and cutting, pasting and colouring so now I do that with my cards. 

I graduated as a Registered Nurse from Fanshawe College’s Victoria Campus in London, Ontario in 1979. I’m also a Trained Professional Organizer and had a business called "Ticketyboo Organizing" for four years. I now work as an Church Office Administrator, as well as a nurse immunizer. 

I did scrapbooking for many years and found I had a lot of leftover paper and embellishments. That just naturally led me into card making. I enjoy making cards to send to family, friends and acquaintances as I love to stay connected with people; sending a card with a little note tucked inside is a great way to do this! I get a lot of joy from creating the cards. People seem to find joy in receiving them so it's a hobby that is purposeful as well as fun.

Here's a selection of some of Julia's cards. Click on images to enlarge them...






Thank you, Julia!

Family Tree for Julia Anne (Whiteford) Holmes:

Ancestors:

John Culbert & Mary Ward (2xgreat-grandparents)

Rebecca Ann Culbert & William Whiteford (great-grandparents)

John Silas Whiteford & Sarah Maud Parkinson (grandparents)

John Hilson Whiteford & Eula Mary Herdman (parents)

Descendants (Children):

Brent William Holmes

Kathryn Anne Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment