Friday 26 March 2021

"Crafty Culberts" Presents Wendy (Schloendorf) Reid

 Wendy Lyn (Schloendorf) Reid (the 3xgreat-granddaughter of John Culbert and Mary Ward) was born 24 October 1965 in London, Ontario, Canada to parents, Vicky Culbert and Earl Schloendorf. Wendy lives in Goderich, Ontario with her husband, Ken Reid. To read Wendy’s biography, click here.

Wendy (Schloendorf) Reid wearing a poncho and scarf she crocheted.

Here’s Wendy to tell us about her crafts…

My crafts vary depending on what catches my eye on Pinterest.

I’m an expert knitter, having learned to knit at age seven. I’ve been crocheting since age nine and consider myself to be average. I also enjoy cross-stitch, driftwood crafts and rock painting. My rock painting isn't worthy of a photograph. I didn’t get the painting and drawing gene, but my daughter, Jacqui, did.

I picked up macrame at age 11 but that was short-lived. However, I'm going to get back into macrame now that it's “a thing” again. I'm glad it's making a comeback. I have the best selection of driftwood and an unending supply of rocks at our beach.

I retired almost three years ago and have kept very busy knitting, to the point that my shoulder was getting very irritated. I started to crochet again after many years because of it. Now my shoulder hurts in a different spot! It’s a good thing that I have lots of options to keep me busy.

I sell some of my creations but most items are given to family. What I love most is making blankets of all sizes, and knitting baby clothing. 

Here are some examples of Wendy's knitwear and crochet. Click on the smaller images to enlarge them... 

Cable knit sweater that Wendy made for herself.

Knitted purple afghan.

This crocheted baby blanket can also be used as a floor blanket for baby to play on.


Click to enlarge to see the cute buttons Wendy attached to the baby sweater.


All of these items are knit. The blue set is mittens, a neck warmer and a headband. The others are baby hats. In the background is a large, cabled afghan.

Baby blankets, lap blankets and crocheted antimacassars.
Crocheted toddler coat.

Thank you, Wendy!

Wendy (Schloendorf) Reid's Family Tree:
Ancestors:
John Culbert & Mary Ward (3x-great-grandparents)
Richard Culbert & Jane Eleanor Fairhall (2x-great-grandparents)
Myron Manford Culbert & Effie Pearl Taylor (great-grandparents)
Ivan Hector Culbert & Elvira Hutchings (grandparents)
Victoria "Vicky" Culbert & Earl Schloendorf (parents)
Descendants (Children): 
Jacqueline Nicole Reid
Scott William Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment